The Sr. Orthopaedic Technician will work the After-Hours Clinic from 5pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday. Additional hours may be available. The Sr. Orthopaedic Technician is responsible for providing assistance to patients and physicians in the full scope of Orthopaedic services. The duties involve specialized patient care tasks, including casting, dressing changes, measurement and fitting of Orthopaedic braces and other devices and ambulatory aids and patient education. Additionally, the technician will be required to complete routine patient care tasks so physicians and other clinic staff can attend to other clinical and administrative functions including knowledge of Care Connect.
*must be flexible to shift changes
Salary Range: $31.82 – $41.95/hourQualifications
- Orthopaedic Technician with active certification by either NBCOT or ASOP required.
- Please include certification expiration date within your application and/or resume
- At least two-years full-time work experience in either a hospital, clinic or office setting working directly in the treatment of the orthopaedic patient(s).
- Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Ability to triage medical problems within scope of job responsibilities.
- Ability to take direction from physicians and medical providers and work collaboratively with other staff members.
- Ability to follow through on assignments while helping to facilitate the organization, prioritization, and completion of all clinic tasks through collaboration with other clinic staff.
- Skill at working independently and prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with patients, staff and volunteers of diverse educational, economical and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in busy setting with conflicting demands.
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude and demeanor with a belief in patient-centered care.
- Adherence to and implementation of established hospital policies and procedures of the work place.
- Previous cast/splinting experience is required.